My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

I am fun-loving, a dreamer, but not much of a schemer. I try always to be a good friend, and a good mother, daughter and sister. I am a hard worker, and I like to work hard and also to have a good time. I am serving in the Peace Corps, in Moldova, and the insight and opinions in this blog are mine, and do not reflect the opinions of the US government or the Peace Corps. "I cannot do great things. I can only do small things with great love."

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Hello

Hello and welcome to my newest online adventure! Never having had a blogspot before, and being a great follower of my friends Adrienne and Bobbbi, I decided that today I join the 21st Century (only 7 years late!). So here I sit, without much to say. Today my parents are attending the funeral services for the son of a friend of the family. Chris went of to work last week, and dropped over at work. A huge loss to his family at 47, and a wake-up call to all of us around his age about how precious and short life can be. My thoughts are with his family today, and for all who will miss him daily.
On a more positive note, Linnea will be heading out this week to make her way in Reading. I am excited and nervous as a parent who walks the fine line between support and enabling every day. I know it is scary to set out on your own adventure, but I am so proud of her! As she discovers new friends and old, I hope she always remembers to keep a positive outlook!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home