My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

I am fun-loving, a dreamer, but not much of a schemer. I try always to be a good friend, and a good mother, daughter and sister. I am a hard worker, and I like to work hard and also to have a good time. I am serving in the Peace Corps, in Moldova, and the insight and opinions in this blog are mine, and do not reflect the opinions of the US government or the Peace Corps. "I cannot do great things. I can only do small things with great love."

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

A dreary Wednesday

So today it is June 13th. Those of you who know me, know that tomorrow is my birthday. No big plans, and other than this posting, I don't imagine that I will say much about the day to anyone.

It is a dreary, rainy morning here in Portland. I'm sitting at my desk at work looking out on the Bay at high tide. I feel fortunate to have such a nice space to come to work everyday. I have been lucky during my time at Sweetser, not only working with really great people, but also having really spectacular space in which to do my work.

This past weekend was the Belmont. For those of you who do not follow horse racing, this race is the third leg of the Triple Crown. The first race is the Kentucky Derby, the second is the Preakness, and then the Belmont. While there was no contender for the Triple Crown, it is one of the highlights of the racing world, and always a good time. I am not a gambler, but it is fun to go and spend the day, watch the horses and people, and do something different. This year we were joined by Mike's brother and sister-in-law and several of his friends, as well as Mike's friend Shawn and one of Shawn's friends. Having nine people to spend the day with made it an even better time than usual. After the race, we all went into Manhattan for dinner and to the Comedy Cellar. What a good time! Back to Shawn's by 5 a.m Sunday morning, and back in Maine by 9 p,m. Sunday night. Whew!

Monday back at work, the same old, same old. Monday night it was a sad good-bye to Ron, a great co-worker, the most recent slash and burn victim of Sweetser's reduction in force process. Had a little too much to drink, and a lot of laughs, so it put a happy spin on a sad event. I will miss his insight and support here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home