My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

I am fun-loving, a dreamer, but not much of a schemer. I try always to be a good friend, and a good mother, daughter and sister. I am a hard worker, and I like to work hard and also to have a good time. I am serving in the Peace Corps, in Moldova, and the insight and opinions in this blog are mine, and do not reflect the opinions of the US government or the Peace Corps. "I cannot do great things. I can only do small things with great love."

Sunday, June 8, 2008

A little more cheating

This is a quote that I found recently. I think it was given to us in the very early days of training, but it means something to me now, that didn't compute when I first read it:

Nothing in the world can take the place of persistance. Talent will not, nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genuis is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistance and determination alone are omnipotent" - Calvin Coolidge. Perhaps not our most famous president, but he perservered to the presidency. I am staying the course, especially when challenged.

Speaking of challenges, the most recent challenges have been of the boredom, not enough "real" work. I certainly stay busy, but it feels more like busy work, than the helpful work I came here expecting to do. This past week, I did attend a seminar on some legal aspects that NGO's face in working with municipal government. One of the presenters was an American, so that part was easy to understand, and the rest was in Romanian, and I did understand the general gist of the presentations. That was Tuesday. Friday was a trip into Stefan Voda for a haircut. Three dollars for the haircut, and 50 cents to get my eyebrows plucked. I feel like a new woman. The rest of the week was filled with walking, swatting at mosquitos, reading and studying. I wrote job descriptions in Romanian for the day center, and conjucated verbs. Life is slow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home