My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

I am fun-loving, a dreamer, but not much of a schemer. I try always to be a good friend, and a good mother, daughter and sister. I am a hard worker, and I like to work hard and also to have a good time. I am serving in the Peace Corps, in Moldova, and the insight and opinions in this blog are mine, and do not reflect the opinions of the US government or the Peace Corps. "I cannot do great things. I can only do small things with great love."

Monday, August 25, 2008

Just a quick update

I just wanted to let anyone who was worried after reading my last note that things are better for me already. It makes me wonder how much the hot and humid weather, combined with all of the mosquitoes and a spider bite impacted my mood at the end of last week. The time in Chisinau was well-spent and productive. I spent Sunday night visiting with my friend, Teresa and her host family. We had a really nice visit, and a great dinner! Then, after dinner, the wind blew, and there was thunder and lightening, and it poured. Since that time, it has been about 15 degrees cooler. Autumn is in the air! I got back to my village last night and slept a few hours, and I am generally feeling better. I'm still sad, but I do know that there are reasons that things happen the way that they do, and the things that are out of my control I have to let go of. This week is the last before school starts, and like every year, this feels like the true "new year". I've always been so academically oriented, that the beginning of September always feels more like the beginning of a new year that January 1. There isn't much else going on, but I wanted to reassure anyone who was concerned that I am doing okay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home