My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

I am fun-loving, a dreamer, but not much of a schemer. I try always to be a good friend, and a good mother, daughter and sister. I am a hard worker, and I like to work hard and also to have a good time. I am serving in the Peace Corps, in Moldova, and the insight and opinions in this blog are mine, and do not reflect the opinions of the US government or the Peace Corps. "I cannot do great things. I can only do small things with great love."

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Midsummer

I know I've been writing more lately, but this is probably a much shorter note than those of the past few days, and significantly more upbeat. This is a very inappropriate note, so if you are easily offended (mom), please don't comment. I am sharing this story in the spirit of my Uncle Edward Bailey, who recently died and is missed by family and friends. I know he would have enjoyed this story:

Last night I woke up around 3 am. For those of you who are confused, it is 7 am here, but my clock on this blog is still set for home, hence the midnight post time. I needed to make a trip to the outhouse. I didn't want to go, as I could hear that it was drizzling. I tried to go back to sleep, with no luck. I got up and went out to take care of my business. A little groggy from the hour, I wasn't really paying attention, and proceeded to do my business. Suddenly, I hear something at my feet. It sort of freaks me out when I feel pecking at my ankles. Suddenly the rooster who has left his coop and is sharing the outhouse with me begins to crow and then continues to sort of peck at me! I wasn't quite done, and couldn't really get up and leave. I am sure he was as freaked out as I was, but now it just cracks me up. So for all of you who have been wondering if I am getting any action, I did have a little cock last night, but it was a little more than I bargained for!! Gotta love Moldova! Happy Midsummer! The sun is shining and life is good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home