My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

I am fun-loving, a dreamer, but not much of a schemer. I try always to be a good friend, and a good mother, daughter and sister. I am a hard worker, and I like to work hard and also to have a good time. I am serving in the Peace Corps, in Moldova, and the insight and opinions in this blog are mine, and do not reflect the opinions of the US government or the Peace Corps. "I cannot do great things. I can only do small things with great love."

Monday, September 22, 2008

Monday morning

This past week was spent mostly in training. On Monday and Tuesday afternoon, I had planned to meet with my English clubs, but no one showed up! Initial enthusiasm has waned pretty quickly. I think it may have been because my partner was out of town all week, and didn't remind students, but in any event, there were no meetings. On Wednesday morning, up at 4:30 to take the 5 am bus into Chisinau. We had technical training on Project Development and Management Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Saturday and Sunday we had language in-service training. It's been a pretty hectic week. Besides the training schedule, there were volunteers that I hadn't seen since coming to the village in May. There was a lot of catching up to do, and every night was a of late night. Overall, it was a great break from the village life.

I shared a room with Teresa and Veronica, both of whom were leaving from the training to spend a week in Budapest and in Romania. I hope they have warmer and drier weather than we have been having in Moldova. Teresa came to Chisinau with a bad cold, and now Veronica and I are both sick. I have the advantage of now being home where I can relax and get better. Its the easiest way that I can think of to rationalize the fact that I am back to the slow village life, while they are off exploring the world. When I got home last night, it was pouring, and so I have wash to do before I try to round up some interest in English club this afternoon. Missing the Common Ground Fair, and all of you. It's definitely Autumn!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home