My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

I am fun-loving, a dreamer, but not much of a schemer. I try always to be a good friend, and a good mother, daughter and sister. I am a hard worker, and I like to work hard and also to have a good time. I am serving in the Peace Corps, in Moldova, and the insight and opinions in this blog are mine, and do not reflect the opinions of the US government or the Peace Corps. "I cannot do great things. I can only do small things with great love."

Monday, July 13, 2009

July

Summertime, and the living is easy. There isn't even much to write about this week. My daily routine has become just that, routine. Work, walk, read, walk, work, read. Village life is slow. Last week I was here in the village Monday through Wednesday. Thursday and Friday were spent in Ialoveni with the trainees, providing insight as a part of a panel discussion. It really is a highlight to be able to reflect back and share experiences, provide some support and guidance to the trainees. Saturday and yesterday were spent back here, and I'll be here until the weekend. There's really not much new, but I wanted to say hi and let you all know that I am still out here counting my time and experiences.

There is some big Moldovan election news: The elections have been re-scheduled for July 29th. I have heard many people in the village voice complaints about a mid-week election. For people living out of town, but who are registered to vote in the village, this means missing a day, or possibly two days of work. This mainly affects young voters, and there is some belief that the date was purposely set for mid-week to sway the outcome. After the upheaval following the April elections, there is concern about the results of this process, and the potential for additional rioting. There is little concern for that in the villages, and the only way it may affect us is that we may be restricted from travel to and from the capital, as we were in April.

Birthday greetings this week to Jonny and to my sister, Julianne. You'll never be as old as me! I miss you all. xoxo, Jami

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home