My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

I am fun-loving, a dreamer, but not much of a schemer. I try always to be a good friend, and a good mother, daughter and sister. I am a hard worker, and I like to work hard and also to have a good time. I am serving in the Peace Corps, in Moldova, and the insight and opinions in this blog are mine, and do not reflect the opinions of the US government or the Peace Corps. "I cannot do great things. I can only do small things with great love."

Monday, October 6, 2008

I miss red

I miss the beautiful fall colors that Maple trees offer. Here in Moldova there are mostly fruit and nut trees, which seem to go quickly to yellow and brown, without any last hurrah of color. There are still leaves on many trees, but they are falling fast, and the days are smaller and darker. There is no Fryeburg fair here. Actually, there are no fairs here at all. Every village has a one day celebration, called Hram. I think the Hram for my village is on October 27. I don't think it is a "fair", but I'll let you know after I've been to one.

The first part of this past week was spent in the village, and then on Thursday I went into Chisinau for a long visit. I spent some time on Thursday and Friday with Teresa, and then on Saturday came back to Stefan Voda to spend time with Renell. She had a gathering of all the volunteers in this part of the world, and it was a great get-away. Renell is heading home next week. I will really miss her company when she leaves.

The Center appears to be almost finished. The projected opening date is hopefully sometime in November. There is some controversy now about funding for staff, if I am understanding things correctly. The Raion is saying that it is the responsibility of the village to fund these positions, and the village believes that the Raion should support the staff needs. I may end up being the only one working there!

There is not too much else to write about this week. Linnea is back in Pennsylvania for the winter at least, looking for work. Today is my wedding anniversary. My grandmother has her 91st birthday on Wednesday. Wish I was going to be home to help her celebrate! I will be with you in thought. Thank you to my parents and to Kim for the great packages!! I love to get packages!!!! I hope you are all well, and staying warm. xoxo, Jami

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home