My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

I am fun-loving, a dreamer, but not much of a schemer. I try always to be a good friend, and a good mother, daughter and sister. I am a hard worker, and I like to work hard and also to have a good time. I am serving in the Peace Corps, in Moldova, and the insight and opinions in this blog are mine, and do not reflect the opinions of the US government or the Peace Corps. "I cannot do great things. I can only do small things with great love."

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Not to get all dreamy, thinking about what 2008 will be, but I do know it will bring so many new adventures. Each day getting out of bed, you never know what the day will bring, but I predict that the coming year will be more exciting and anventuresome than 2007. Almost exactly a year ago, on January 3, 2007, my BFF in Maine, Tess, and I headed to Boston for my Peace Corps interview. It has been a year of testing, and patience, and testing my patience, but in less than two months I am heading off to Moldova! A similar process of waiting, and testing of my patience, also happened at work. So many good people, people who are hard working and skilled, were let go from Sweetser. I am still there, but this last year has been the most challenging, by far.
Also in 2007, Linnea moved out and is really moving toward independence. She has made terrific progress, and has her home looking so good. There are still some structural issues that absolutely need to be addressed in the coming year, but I am so proud of her, and know that she will do well in my absence, even though we will miss each other terribly.
Other friends have gotten married, had babies, lost people that they love, and moved forward with their lives. I have made some great new friends this past year, and lost touch with some friends due to the busy-ness of life.
Like every other day, January first is just another day. But in so many ways, it is a time for reflection of the past and dreaming of the future. May you all have all your dreams fulfilled in 2008....Love, Jami

1 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

Happy New Year!

January 4, 2008 at 9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home