My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

I am fun-loving, a dreamer, but not much of a schemer. I try always to be a good friend, and a good mother, daughter and sister. I am a hard worker, and I like to work hard and also to have a good time. I am serving in the Peace Corps, in Moldova, and the insight and opinions in this blog are mine, and do not reflect the opinions of the US government or the Peace Corps. "I cannot do great things. I can only do small things with great love."

Monday, October 15, 2007

Monday, Monday

What a fun weekend! Starting with a great party at MJ's to celebrate (?) Adrienne's divorce on Thursday night. A cosmopolitan kind of night, time out with Tess and about 30 women, talking, drinking, relaxing. Lots'o'fun! Nice to see Erica, whom I hardly ever get to see, Lisa who is looking relaxed, Sue, Sarah, Nicole and Rachel, who always make me smile...along with lots of other friends of Adrienne's who I don't know nearly as well. I was feeling happy and good and tagged along with a core group that headed to Bath. Actually, it was the plan to go to the "Riverdive" which made this appealing to me. It is a place that Linnea has been, and talked about, and a place I would not typically go to. It was fun, even though it made me feel a little out of place and old. There were people there who were older, but for me the bigger issue was not knowing the music well enough to dance. That is probably a good thing. as the old guy who was on the dance floor looked like a total goof, and I am positive that I could have easily embarrassed myself if I had gone out on that dance floor! When I left, it was a little before midnight and I didn't have the number for the taxi, so I headed up the hill to the convenience store....and ended up walking home! It is probably 7 or 8 miles. I had a good time out by myself, and I love to walk at night, so, except for the last mile or two when it started to rain it was a good time. I got home in about 2 hours. Not a great pace, but okay for the time of night and my lack of motivation to move faster after a long day.

On Friday morning I got up and drove to Pennsylvania to spend the night with Linnea. We were planning to drive separate cars up to New York State on Saturday morning for my grandmother's 90th birthday party, but I decided to ride along with her and go back to Pennsylvania on Saturday night. The party was a lot of fun, considering that almost everyone there except immediate family was over 70! Both Julianne and David (my brother and sister) were there, along with Johnny, Daniel (Juli's boys) and Emile (David's daughter). James is in Argentina, Stephen in Chicago (more for Juli), and Nate (David's) in Seattle.

Yesterday I spent in the car again. I do not mind driving, although I hate sitting in traffic. Fortunately, I left PA early, and was home by 3 or so. Last night I went to see Across the Universe, a musical based on Beatles songs. I loved it! The musical genre does not appeal to everyone, but I thought this was really a nice movie, and a great way to end the hectic weekend. I won't tell more about it, but I do recommend it.

David is flying back to St. Croix today. It was 32 degrees this morning in Brunswick. I got email from the PC this morning saying that they are once again reviewing my medical information. I am pretty philosophical at this point about it all. I have been looking at Social Work jobs in Hawaii this morning....that would be warmer! I'll keep you all posted!

1 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

I am so glad you were there to celebrate my "new beginning" with me. I love you.

October 23, 2007 at 10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home