My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

I am fun-loving, a dreamer, but not much of a schemer. I try always to be a good friend, and a good mother, daughter and sister. I am a hard worker, and I like to work hard and also to have a good time. I am serving in the Peace Corps, in Moldova, and the insight and opinions in this blog are mine, and do not reflect the opinions of the US government or the Peace Corps. "I cannot do great things. I can only do small things with great love."

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Tuesday musings

It has been a stressful week at work since I last wrote here. My boss, Lisa, who has become a friend, was let go last Friday. Yesterday, I had to let go both Robert and Candy. I am sad about all of this, and think that things are really messed up if this is the way this business is run. Everywhere else I have ever worked, the indirect costs are secondary to the service delivery piece. That doesn't seem to be the case here. I am sad and frustrated, and want to hear from the Peace Corp. Escapism has always been my favorite defense mechanism!

The personal parts of my week have gone well. My grandmother, her husband and his kids and families were in Maine from last Wednesday until Sunday morning. They are a great, fun bunch of people, and it was great fun to hang out with them for a few days. On Saturday, my mother had a family reunion for her cousins on her father's side of the family. Many of those people I had not seen in close to 30 years. It was a good time, and beautiful weather all weekend.

Tomorrow I am heading to Pennsylvania to help Linnea paint. Each time I go she has done something more to the house. I am looking forward to seeing her. Before I head out, I am going to get the last (hopefully) of my required blood work done. Then just 3 more BP readings under 120/80. What a process. Given the past week at work, I continue to look to plan B, C, and D, in the event the PC doesn't pan out. I just don't think I want to be in Maine this winter. Time will tell where I end up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home