My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

I am fun-loving, a dreamer, but not much of a schemer. I try always to be a good friend, and a good mother, daughter and sister. I am a hard worker, and I like to work hard and also to have a good time. I am serving in the Peace Corps, in Moldova, and the insight and opinions in this blog are mine, and do not reflect the opinions of the US government or the Peace Corps. "I cannot do great things. I can only do small things with great love."

Monday, July 30, 2007

Linnea's 25th birthday

Today my girl is 25! Her cousin, Stephen, is turning 19 today also, so it is a day to celebrate. While I really wish that I was able to spend the day with her today, I did see her this weekend, and had made a commitment to do the Sweetser mini-golf today. I have returned to Maine last night after spending the past weekend in Pa. and Delaware, traveling on the train, driving a U-Haul filled with her stuff, and attending a CM Board meeting. It was busy, and hard loading and unloading all of her stuff, but it feels good to know she has her bed and her cat and is settling into her new life. I was so incredibly proud to see how much progress she has made. Now that she is working, she has a little more money, but significantly less time to complete work around the house. One of the guys she works with helped her to install a new floor in the living room, and it looks great!! She has been painting and working hard, and she is really moving to independence.

The work in Delaware was better than I had expected, so that was a nice treat. It is a great bunch of people to work with, all doing the same work that I do, and from all over the country. This weekend we were much more focused and productive than at other meetings in the past, so that was good.

The Peace Corp continues to be a point of frustration for me. I did go back to my doctor last week, and she gave me a new medication to try to address my (very) slightly elevated BP. I have one more round of blood work, and then that should be good. Given how this process has gone, I am losing steam on getting things done. While I would still like to travel and perhaps live overseas, I am to the place where I need to examine whether this is the plan for me, or if it might be something else. Maybe something a little more flexible....In any event, my health has never been better, and good things have come out of this process.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home