My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

I am fun-loving, a dreamer, but not much of a schemer. I try always to be a good friend, and a good mother, daughter and sister. I am a hard worker, and I like to work hard and also to have a good time. I am serving in the Peace Corps, in Moldova, and the insight and opinions in this blog are mine, and do not reflect the opinions of the US government or the Peace Corps. "I cannot do great things. I can only do small things with great love."

Friday, August 31, 2007

The last work day of summer

What a sad day it is today here at work. The end of August, the end of summer, and the last day of work for some very good people. I have written of the departures of Candy last week, and today it is Robert and Lisa who are leaving my circle of co-worker friends. Thank goodness I still have Adrienne and many others to keep me smiling (and a job, not to be a total ingrate!) Before Robert left today he added my picture to my blog, taken at the Seadog brewery as Ron was leaving at the beginning of the summer. That was a beautiful day, and we had so much fun that afternoon, in spite of the beginning of the goodbyes. They were all laughing at the Jack Nicholson sunglasses taken off a bus....It's a long story.

Also this week I heard from my friend Michele, who knows that I think of her all the time, and has been going through some "stuff". She is on my mind and in my thoughts today.

Linnea, who as always impresses and distresses me, spend a great week at home last week, and returned to Reading on Monday. She is back successfully at work. She had a nice time at home, and I miss her lots. Still no word from the PC, and the third and hopefully final BP will be done on Tuesday, and everything faxed to them on Tuesday morning. I just keep hoping and plugging away at the process.

No matter what happens, and even in the midst of the sadness around work, I am truly grateful for having worked with and the opportunity to count Lisa and Robert among my friends. Happy Labor Day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home