My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

I am fun-loving, a dreamer, but not much of a schemer. I try always to be a good friend, and a good mother, daughter and sister. I am a hard worker, and I like to work hard and also to have a good time. I am serving in the Peace Corps, in Moldova, and the insight and opinions in this blog are mine, and do not reflect the opinions of the US government or the Peace Corps. "I cannot do great things. I can only do small things with great love."

Monday, October 29, 2007

Moody Monday

Reading over my last note, I have gone from being okay that I have a job, to completely over-whelmed today with having two jobs. Last night I started my work at LLBean for the season. I went in at 11 pm last night, and got home this morning around 4:30, slept until 7 and came back to Sweetser at 7:30 this morning. I just went home for lunch, and I am about ready to collapse. I have an assessment scheduled for 1 pm, and then I will be able to go home and sleep. I don't have to be in until 11:30 tonight, so I should be able to get some good sleep. I hope writing will keep me awake until 3 or so. I think once the routine gets set I will be in a much better place. I sure hope so, because this is crazy-making.

Friday morning was Breakfast at Becky's with the crew from Portland, most of them now in Saco. Great to see them all, and Betsy, too! How fun! Friday night I came home from work and Mike's friend Shawn was visiting. We went to LLBean, since he had never been in the big store before. I had plans to go for dinner, so we weren't there long, but it was a really nice time. I realize when I have times like that how fun it is to go shopping with a man. After leaving Shawn with Mike, I drove down to Portland and had a really lovely dinner with Bob, Sondra and Kai. What a nice family life they have, and a such great way to start the weekend.

Saturday I did work around/inside the house and spent time talking with Linnea. It was rainy and sort of crappy out. Linnea called several times with issues with the roof which was leaking so badly into the hallway she said it was like being outside in the rain. She talked to her Aunt Brenda, Uncle Larry, Uncle Bob, and her friend Rich from work to try to figure out the leaking roof, and what to do next and about the house in general. I am so proud of how she is learning to problem-solve. None of us get through this life without problems, so the better she gets at figuring out how to get the answers that work for her, the better off she will be in the long run. It is hard to know that she is struggling, but it is the working through struggles that makes us strong. Anyway, I know it's been hard for her and I am proud of how well she is learning this, and working at it.

Saturday I worked at trying to tile the bathroom floor. I bought the tile, adhesive, grout, and then asked my great neighbors for help to cut the tile and help with the actual installation. It will be nice to have that floor done. I am guessing it will be a week or two until it is done, but it will be nice to have someone do it instead of me. I can't imagine trying to do that and these two jobs all at the same time. I was hoping I could do it myself and have it done before I started last night at Bean's, but of course that didn't happen.

Tomorrow my BFF from Kutztown, whom I have been friends with since we were 4, turns 50! Happy Birthday to you, Helen! The card is in the mail. Waiting to hear from Kirsten, and I need to get an email out to her. There have been such bad fires in the San Diego area, and I don't have her new phone number, or I misplaced it. Hope she is doing well in the wake of the fires out there.

I sent off an application to St. Croix for a SW job, and the PC has said that it will be Spring, but as of today I still have not been medically cleared, and that needs to happen first, so still no word...I'm heading home to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home