My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

I am fun-loving, a dreamer, but not much of a schemer. I try always to be a good friend, and a good mother, daughter and sister. I am a hard worker, and I like to work hard and also to have a good time. I am serving in the Peace Corps, in Moldova, and the insight and opinions in this blog are mine, and do not reflect the opinions of the US government or the Peace Corps. "I cannot do great things. I can only do small things with great love."

Monday, November 5, 2007

Finally some news!

Last week, on Halloween Wednesday I received an email from the Peace Corps, indicating that my medical review was complete. I didn't want to say anything to anyone, as I wasn't sure if "complete" meant that I was "clear" or just that they were done reviewing my record. So I didn't say anything. On Saturday, I got an official letter from PC saying that my record was medically clear! Yippee!! The news that I have been waiting for since March! The next step will be an invitation to service in a particular country and a departure plan. That will probably be coming in the next few weeks. I am really not sure how long it will take, but I don't think it will take as long as the medical clearance. At least, I hope it doesn't, as my patience has been tested so much through the past few months, and I am really anxious to hear what the plan is. I know from a previous email from PC that it most likely will be a Spring departure, or maybe a little later. Now that I know that I will be going, I am sort of hoping that it will be later, because it feels like there is so much to do between now and when I leave.

This past week, Conor Hartford tiled my bathroom. He did a phenomenal job! This weekend I painted my bathroom to go with the new tile. I still don't have the toilet hooked back up, but it should be in this afternoon. I've been running across the street, going to Wal-mart, or otherwise checking out many more public potties than at any time in the past. The tiles are black and white, and I painted the walls a nice gray color. I was happy until I saw the walls last night and thought the gray color really looked a little green in the overhead light at night. I wasn't displeased enough to think about re-painting it another color, but I was surprised at home differently it looked at night. I think when I get a new vanity, it will be done. Right now there is just a sink attached to the wall, and I think I need a vanity for the extra space. We'll see if I need it or just want it.

Linnea is doing well. She had a disappointment this past weekend when her boyfriend(??) chose not to drive down from Maine to see her. I have heard before that she is done with him, but she was able to rebound from this bad news, and I think she still had a pretty good weekend. She is working on the house, and getting ready for winter.

Other than the big news from PC, there is not much else to write about. I am working around the clock, now starting week 2 at Beans. Last night went well. I really like the picking work, and I am getting used to not sleeping. This week I am working from 10 pm to 4 am, home to sleep for about 2 hours, work at Sweetser, home to sleep for 4-5 hours and back to work at Beans. What a life. (Or lack of one...) At least there are lots of young men to watch while staying up all night. That makes the night go by quickly, along with dreams of fried clams!

1 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

mmm... fried clams ;)

November 12, 2007 at 4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home