My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

I am fun-loving, a dreamer, but not much of a schemer. I try always to be a good friend, and a good mother, daughter and sister. I am a hard worker, and I like to work hard and also to have a good time. I am serving in the Peace Corps, in Moldova, and the insight and opinions in this blog are mine, and do not reflect the opinions of the US government or the Peace Corps. "I cannot do great things. I can only do small things with great love."

Thursday, October 9, 2008

An Almost Perfect Day

Today is what fall should look like. Sunny, lots of blue sky, cool, maybe not red and orange here in Moldova, but pretty and nice, just the same. We have had so many damp and rainy days since the middle of September, and today is just about perfect for a change. There has been nothing really special going on, but the sunshine can change my mood pretty quickly. I got some CD's in my package from Kim, and I have been listening to Living Joy, and Living Peace. They really seem to help to "center" me, and calm me when I am frustrated with viata satului (village life).

The week has been typical, meaning slow, but today was a trip into Stefan Voda, a very brief visit with Renell, and then a nice walk in the sunshine. Tomorrow its back to Stefan Voda to help Renell pack. She heads home to Minneapolis in a week! I am staying with her tomorrow and Saturday night. Saturday we are heading into Chisinau for the day. I have a VAC meeting, Renell has last minute things she needs to do, and then we are off to the Wine Fest for the afternoon. Neither of us are drinkers, but it's supposed to be a good time, even for the non-drinking crowd.

Have a great weekend! Miss you all and wish you were here with me to enjoy this great day! xoxo Jami

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home