My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

I am fun-loving, a dreamer, but not much of a schemer. I try always to be a good friend, and a good mother, daughter and sister. I am a hard worker, and I like to work hard and also to have a good time. I am serving in the Peace Corps, in Moldova, and the insight and opinions in this blog are mine, and do not reflect the opinions of the US government or the Peace Corps. "I cannot do great things. I can only do small things with great love."

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Blizzard!

It snowed all week. Everyday. Today the sun is finally out, but too quickly headed for the horizon at a little before 3 pm. There was a little snow on Tuesday, a lot on Wednesday, more on Thursday and Friday, and this morning there was another foot or two that had fallen overnight. Overall, there is probably close to four feet on the ground. Pretty, but a big, cold, pain in the patoot. Especially on the trips to the outhouse. The days will start getting longer this week, and even though I won't be able to tell for a few weeks, Spring cannot come soon enough!

Weather is the only real news this week. Work is work, my walking is pretty limited by the weather, there is no transportation out of the village for the foreseeable future, and so I am spending my free time reading, working on projects, and trying to stay warm. I'm trying hard not to think too much of all the fun, and people, I am missing, with somewhat limited success. If I can get out of the village, I am hoping to get to spend some time with other volunteers this Christmas. Last year I spent the day working, as it isn't a celebrated holiday here. This year, if the weather allows, I want to be around some celebrating Americans if I can. It might mean that I don't actually get to Skype until after Christmas, but I can't wait to hear what the holiday was like at home, so as soon as I can, I'll be in touch! Happy birthday today to my friend, Robin, and have a great week preparing for Christmas! I love and miss you all. xoxo, Jami

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home