My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

I am fun-loving, a dreamer, but not much of a schemer. I try always to be a good friend, and a good mother, daughter and sister. I am a hard worker, and I like to work hard and also to have a good time. I am serving in the Peace Corps, in Moldova, and the insight and opinions in this blog are mine, and do not reflect the opinions of the US government or the Peace Corps. "I cannot do great things. I can only do small things with great love."

Saturday, October 24, 2009

To Chişinău

Yesterday I took a day off and went into the capitol. It was nice to get out of the village, and it had been almost a month since I have been in the "big city." It was a good day. Sort of low key, since there weren't a lot of people around, but it felt good to be out of the village for at least a little while. I spent the night last night with Teresa and Jenna, eating enchiladas and watching this weeks Grey's Anatomy. Fun!

The week has been like most others, a little slow in the day to day routine, but busy enough in the everyday routine that I have become accustomed to. On Tuesday we had some visitors to the Center from Smaland, in the south part of Sweden. They were visiting to look at projects to fund in Moldova. My brain was working over-time to think in Romanian, try to remember my Swedish, all while translating in my head what was being said into English. Whew! Other than that, and the big countdown, there isn't much to write about.

It is a big birthday week, and best wishes go out to my nephews, Daniel and James, my friends Adrienne and Helen. Have great celebrations! It was nice to talk to my parents and my grandmother this week. I'll be home in less that three weeks! I can't wait to see you all! xoxo, Jami

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home