My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

I am fun-loving, a dreamer, but not much of a schemer. I try always to be a good friend, and a good mother, daughter and sister. I am a hard worker, and I like to work hard and also to have a good time. I am serving in the Peace Corps, in Moldova, and the insight and opinions in this blog are mine, and do not reflect the opinions of the US government or the Peace Corps. "I cannot do great things. I can only do small things with great love."

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Counting down the days...

Here it is, another week-end, and another week closer to home! This past week has been typically quiet, with not much going on. Yesterday was Winefest in Chisinau, but I am saving money for the trip home, and decided that this trip was not in my budget. I think this is an event that most of the volunteers try to attend, so I was a little sad not to see everyone and spend some time together. I know it won't matter in the long run, and the weather was not great, so it is just as well that I stayed in the village for another week-end.

I forgot to write about it last Sunday, but last Saturday another one of the volunteers from this part of the country hosted a raion (county) party. There were four of us women: Alex, the hostess, me, Jen, and Janie. Jon joined us for dinner, but only the females spent the night at Alex's. Italian food was on the menu: gnocchi, garlic bread, spaghetti. It was a nice time, and the highlight of the week. Other than that little jaunt last week-end, not much else to write about.

I was so glad to talk with my grandmother on Thursday for her birthday, and birthday wishes go out this week to Betsy. Thirty-two days until I land in Boston!!! I miss you all. xoxo, Jami

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home