My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

I am fun-loving, a dreamer, but not much of a schemer. I try always to be a good friend, and a good mother, daughter and sister. I am a hard worker, and I like to work hard and also to have a good time. I am serving in the Peace Corps, in Moldova, and the insight and opinions in this blog are mine, and do not reflect the opinions of the US government or the Peace Corps. "I cannot do great things. I can only do small things with great love."

Friday, January 11, 2008

The duality of indecision

Okay, I think it was Sir Issac Newton: For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction, or, to put it another way, the Clash: Should I stay or should I go now? If I knew how to put a link to the song, I would do that here, because it has been in my head constantly for the past 2 days or so. I know that I am definitely going, so it's more of the Newton philosophy of trying to find balance in a world of opposite and competing expectations: I want to go, it will be a great experience, the world is a great place to be out and about in, I love adventure, etc. at cross purposes with what will I miss while I am gone, the safety and security of home and the relationships with the people I love. The list is shorter in actual items for staying, but the needs are deeper. I am basically a homebody, and this letting go is hard for me. Fortunately, the details do seem to be working themselves out. I have a family who is supportive of this journey, a home and a life to return to, I am not destitute, I love to laugh, and I generally know that the glass is half full. (Whether the glass is half full, or half empty, there is still only half a glass, and room for plenty more in life!)

Here is a perfect example of this lack of decision making/process in a concrete form: Have you seen my myspace page? I wrote at the top how much I was loving the unseasonably warm weather we had this past week. And, in the very same update to my page, I added graphics of a cabin in the snow. Crazycakes! Even in little things that don't matter, I can't seem to get focused on what it is that I really want. I want love, but can't stand being lonely, and make decisions to leave because it is easier than being hurt by trying to find love again, I want adventure, but love being at home, all of it is just too much sometimes.

In any event, it's the weekend in a few hours, and it will be great to be home. (even more time to think...Hooray!) Three weeks to go at work, and six until I leave. I will continue to try to focus on the center, and not get polarized by the extremes of decision making. We'll see how it goes.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wouldn't that be the duality of decision? You are gonna' have the best of times. don't s'pose you remember your journey from the womb. Chances are you weren't ready to go.

Regards,

January 17, 2008 at 8:28 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

I love that you are a crazy cakes ;)

January 23, 2008 at 1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home