My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

I am fun-loving, a dreamer, but not much of a schemer. I try always to be a good friend, and a good mother, daughter and sister. I am a hard worker, and I like to work hard and also to have a good time. I am serving in the Peace Corps, in Moldova, and the insight and opinions in this blog are mine, and do not reflect the opinions of the US government or the Peace Corps. "I cannot do great things. I can only do small things with great love."

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Done with Sweetser, but still working hard

Friday, the first of February was my last day at work. I have been winding down since October, but it is now official. I am really and truly unemployed. It feels great! I had such a wonderful last couple of days in Maine. There was the lovely martini night at MJ's, with Lisa, Amy, Adrienne and JD, Nicki who was sick and Sarah with a sick baby, Tess and Gail. Tess, whom I will miss so much, gave a lovely toast to our friendship. It was a really nice time, and only two martinis. Sometimes it is a good thing to be a good girl! Friday morning I was at the office early, and handed in my cell phone, laptop and key and headed to So. Portland to meet the crew from Portland/Saco. What a fun time! From breakfast to Pennsylvania all in the same day! It was a long, but fortunately an uneventful trip. There was lots of freezing rain through Massachusetts and Connecticut and I did pass some cars that were off the road, but not me!









Since I have been here, Linnea and I have been busy painting and fixing up her house. She has done so much, but there is always more that can be done. Her room, and the bathroom are done, but we did some fancy Venetian plaster in the dining room, and painted the back bedroom. We should finish most of it before the end of the week. Saturday we are planning to drive back to Maine, and load up the U-Haul and bring everything down to this house. Then back to Maine on the 18th or so. Lots of working, painting, and driving this week. Not much has changed in my life so far! I have taken lots of pictures with my new camera, so they will be up on here soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home