My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

I am fun-loving, a dreamer, but not much of a schemer. I try always to be a good friend, and a good mother, daughter and sister. I am a hard worker, and I like to work hard and also to have a good time. I am serving in the Peace Corps, in Moldova, and the insight and opinions in this blog are mine, and do not reflect the opinions of the US government or the Peace Corps. "I cannot do great things. I can only do small things with great love."

Friday, February 15, 2008

Friday evening


Just a little over a week to go, and still so much to do. I have been back and forth between PA and Maine twice now, and one more trip to Maine to go this weekend. Since I last posted, Linnea and I worked at a feverish pace, for February, to paint rooms in her house and prepare for the last of the furniture to come down from Maine to be placed into her house in Reading. It was quite challenging to get as much as we did. Prior to my coming down, she completed work in her bathroom, and her bedroom is all painted and finished. She had also placed furniture into the middle bedroom. I had painted that room on a previous trip, and while she didn't really care for the color scheme, it is staying as is for a while. We worked to paint the back bedroom and did a Venetian Plaster finish on the walls of the dining room. Linnea also tiled the floor with some ceramic looking stick tiles. It looks like a completely different room! She has really begun to make it look and feel like her own home. I am so proud of her.

I had to be in Brunswick for the dentist on Monday, 2/11, so we went back to Brunswick last weekend and started packing. I know I have a lot of stuff, but I continues to amaze me how much stuff accumulates. I gotten rid of so much stuff when I moved to Brunswick eight years ago, I can't believe how much I have to move back to Pa. As my Dad used to say, "I spend my time loading and unloading...load and unload"...It was more than a little overwhelming. It didn't help that I am also so disorganized around everything else that I am having to do, and really disorganized about the whole moving process. I have resigned myself to knowing that I can only do as much as I can do, and that there is a deadline d to get everything done. The deadline is fast approaching. So the van was loaded on Monday evening, and we drove down overnight on Monday. Tuesday morning I called a plumber to address the water in the basement in Linnea's house, and $5000 later, I think that problem will be resolved. If it not raining, its pouring...brings up the issues with the roof. The house needs to be sealed from water, and we had over an inch of rain on Wednesday. Too much. I am trying to get things done, and relax a little bit in the process and enjoy these last few days with Linnea. I am going back to Brunswick this weekend for the last time to sign my taxes and pack up the very last parts of my life. I am getting sadder by the day, and nervousness hasn't even begun to sink in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home