My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

I am fun-loving, a dreamer, but not much of a schemer. I try always to be a good friend, and a good mother, daughter and sister. I am a hard worker, and I like to work hard and also to have a good time. I am serving in the Peace Corps, in Moldova, and the insight and opinions in this blog are mine, and do not reflect the opinions of the US government or the Peace Corps. "I cannot do great things. I can only do small things with great love."

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas 2008!

Merry Christmas, everyone, from Moldova to wherever you are! There is no Christmas here in my village today. Everyone here celebrates Christmas following the Eastern Orthodox calendar, which puts their Christmas at January 7th, and New Year's on the 14th. My co-workers and host family wished me a merry Christmas this morning, so that was nice. This morning before going to work I opened my packages which I had received earlier and saved for today. I am wearing my new long johns, drinking real hot chocolate (with mini-marshmallows) and eating Christmas cookies! Not exactly home, but not too bad, considering everything.

I just wanted to send out a quick note, and let everyone know that I am thinking about and missing you all. Tess called last night, and that was an awesome surprise, and I have heard from so many people via email. I really feel blessed this Christmas. I am lucky to have this opportunity, and even though its not the same as being home with my own family, its still a cool thing. Love you all, XOXO Jami

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home