My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

I am fun-loving, a dreamer, but not much of a schemer. I try always to be a good friend, and a good mother, daughter and sister. I am a hard worker, and I like to work hard and also to have a good time. I am serving in the Peace Corps, in Moldova, and the insight and opinions in this blog are mine, and do not reflect the opinions of the US government or the Peace Corps. "I cannot do great things. I can only do small things with great love."

Monday, February 22, 2010

Close of Service

Most of this past week was spent together with the wonderful group that is Moldova 22. The Peace Corps staff here did a fantastic job finding a really nice resort for our three day Close of Service (COS) conference. Comfortable beds, hot showers, lots of food and drink...and the best group of colleagues in the whole world! It was a couple of days filled with memories, planning for the future, and just enjoying the satisfaction of a job well done. Yay for us!! There are 22 of us out of the 29 who left Philadelphia, and it was so amazing to spend time with these great people and also to remember those who didn't quite make it to the end. Aaron, Cameron, Rose, Andrea, Rian, John, and Justin were missed and remembered this week. They are still a part of our group, and we wish that they had been able to join us at this event. The rest of us toasted them, and our success in making it to this point. There are so many friendships that have developed over this time, and so much professional respect for the commitment that this group has provided to the Republic of Moldova over the past two years. I am so thankful to have stuck with this when I didn't want to, proud of this group, and ready for whatever is next!

And, of course, there are a ton of reports, administrative things, medical things, all sorts of things that need to be completed and checked off the list before we can leave. I'll be busy. There are things that I need to finish here in the village, and now find time to fit in all of the other required things in the next 45 days. The pace will probably be closer to what I was used to at home, but its been a while since then and it will be good practice to get back into that pace again!

So, back to the paperwork, on with another week of work, focus on the work at hand, and dream about being home and all that the future holds...another week starting. A safe journey this week as my parents return to the cold of New Hampshire, and loving thoughts to Linnea and Joe this week as they are going through a bit of a rough time. I love and miss you all. xoxo, Jami

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home