My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

I am fun-loving, a dreamer, but not much of a schemer. I try always to be a good friend, and a good mother, daughter and sister. I am a hard worker, and I like to work hard and also to have a good time. I am serving in the Peace Corps, in Moldova, and the insight and opinions in this blog are mine, and do not reflect the opinions of the US government or the Peace Corps. "I cannot do great things. I can only do small things with great love."

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Knitting weekend

This was the weekend for the re-scheduled knitting group. It had been scheduled for two or three weekends ago, and then several people were sick, so it was re-scheduled for this past weekend. It was lots of fun. There were about ten of us, all working on various projects. Almost everyone was knitting, and there were a few of us cross-stitchers in the crowd. I am currently working on a cross-stitch throw for Lidia, and I am now almost done. It is among the things I need to get done before I leave, so it was nice to have this concentrated time for handiwork. It was a nice group of women, and a lot of work was accomplished by all. There were two first time knitters, so it was fun to see them learn. Everyone knits in a different way, so it was a little confusing for the new learners, but they did really well. One of the knitters has learned to knit since coming here, taught by her host mother, so her style is so different! It was fun to visit, and connect with friends. I will never be the knitter that my grandmother and mother are, but it is a very relaxing hobby, for sure. I did start a small scarf, just to break-up my cross-stitching work. I know that is something I can finish and leave here before I come home.

Other than the weekend activities, there is not too much going on. Work has been busy, and the weather still mostly gray and very icy. There has been a lot of freezing rain this past week, and today the sun was finally out, and it was warmer. A nice day for a change! I have seen lots and lots of pictures from Pennsylvania this past week, and they have gotten pounded with snow over the past few days, and more is predicted for tomorrow. Yikes!

There's not too much else to write about. Happy Valentine's Day! The days are getting longer! Stay warm! I love and miss you all. 53 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxo, Jami

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home