My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

I am fun-loving, a dreamer, but not much of a schemer. I try always to be a good friend, and a good mother, daughter and sister. I am a hard worker, and I like to work hard and also to have a good time. I am serving in the Peace Corps, in Moldova, and the insight and opinions in this blog are mine, and do not reflect the opinions of the US government or the Peace Corps. "I cannot do great things. I can only do small things with great love."

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Today is the day

Today is Sunday, February 24, 2008, and the day I am leaving to start my work with the Peace Corps. For those of you who have been reading this for a while, you know how long this process has been. This morning feels a bit like Christmas morning, or probably more like the morning of the first day of the school year in September: filled with anticipation for all of the new and interesting things ahead, and sadness about leaving so many people behind. I will miss family and friends, my home and familiar routines, and will have to hone my adaptive skills, and be even more flexible in the new life than I have tried to be all along. Linnea and her BFF, Nicki, along with my sister-in-law, Brenda, will be taking me to Philadelphia this afternoon for two days of orientation. I fly out to Moldova on Tuesday evening, and will arrive in Chisinau on Wednesday evening, 2/27. I do have the address for the Peace Corps in Chrisinau so please write to me anytime. I will have my laptop and hope to be online later this week, I have been taking pictures, but I haven't yet figured out how to send them or post them, but that will be a part of my new learning.

My address is:

Jami Ream (PCV-M22)
Corpul Pacii Moldova
12 Grigore Ureche St
Chisinau, Moldova 2001

Peace. Jami

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home